[Bradford] Hi + Brain Pick

Alice Kaerast alice at kaerast.info
Mon Feb 6 19:03:47 UTC 2012

I'd be up for a get together of local Drupal users if somebody else
wanted to organise something.  I can offer meeting rooms in Keighley
if you don't mind venturing out that far.

Most of my Drupal work currently is supporting developers in using it
- both setting up infrastructure for them and acting as a channel for
them to share knowledge.  The main tricks I can share are to make good
use of Drush, keep the modules used down to a minimum, subscribe to
the security announcements list, and use the Omega theme if you're
starting something from scratch.

The North West Drupal Users Group have monthly meetings in Manchester,
and many of them hang out in the Drupal UK IRC channel on Freenode.

I can put you in touch with other Drupal developers off-list if you're
serious about looking for somebody to take on a support contract.

Alice

On 6 February 2012 12:44, David Carpenter <david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Paul
>
> I'm a bit of a drupler.
>
> Happy to help any time. Just mail me.
>
> If lots of people are interested in a bit of help, I could look at
> putting on a day. Alice did host a meeting of the Yorkshire Drupal User
> Group one time, but I think busy lives got in the way of this going
> further.
>
> Cheers
> David
>  On Sun, 2012-02-05 at 19:32 +0000, Paul C wrote:
>> Evening all. I've just signed up. I work for Bradford CVS in the
>> Voluntary Services Centre on Sunbridge Road and (amongst other things)
>> produce the Briefing Bradford newsletter.
>>

>> I'm also a bit of a 'make it up as you go along' volunteer on a number
>> of web projects, locally/nationally/internationally.
>>

>> I've recently got involved with a couple of sites that both use Drupal
>> and its proving to be quite a steep learning curve for me and there
>> are only so many hours in the day. Am curious to know if there are any
>> drupalers on here and if I might run the occasional brain pick by you
>> (hope not to make a habit of it)?
>>

>> I realise this might be quite a niche area of interest and perhaps
>> should be kept offlist - just not sure of the protocol. If you fit the
>> bill please feel free to get back to me on or offlist.
>>

>> Many thanks - good to be on board.
>>

>> Paul Colley

> David Carpenter
>
> nornir
>
> E: david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
> Skype: carpenter.david
>
> Please save paper and only print this email if you have to.

Mx Alice Kaerast
Devops supergirl, agile coach, corporate sysadmin