[Bradford] Topics for next meeting

Brian bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Wed Jun 20 09:51:10 UTC 2012

I would like to propose 2 topics for the next, or following meeting:-

1. As there is so much interest in the the 'Raspberry Pi' it would seem foolish not to take advantage of this to attract new people to the group. In conversation with Nigel, at he last social meeting, we resolved that a good start would be to target teachers, who may be thinking of using the Pi, or, further, I think, those who have been teaching MS Word up until now and need to progress to higher things.

2. Nigel has been supporting the group financially for some time now and this seems not only an unfair situation but a ridiculous one too. Based on 11 months, last year, I calculated that £1.87 (I may have got that a little wrong but it is not far out) per 'person attendance' would need to be contributed to break even over a year. There are a number of ways in which the group meetings could be funded but playing at ostriches isn't one of them :-)
So lets discuss this an find a a better way forward.