[Bradford] Topics for next meeting

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 20 16:24:42 UTC 2012

At the risk of overloading the meeting with topics,

(1) I sort-of promised to do a twenty minute slot on getting
comfortable with the command line, possibly the first instalment of a
monthly series of talks.  I know our illustrious Dear Leader is just
one of the folk who would benefit ;-)

(2) This last week I've had a rough time with some memory that went
faulty.  BUT!  Linux saves the day!  You don't have to throw out your
dodgy memory sticks!  Linux has a kernel parameter that allows you to
reserve faulty blocks of memory.  So if people would like a short demo
of diagnosing and fixing memory problems I'd be up for that.

(3) Yeah I've been doing lots of hacking on the Raspi that Nigel
kindly lent me, happy to talk about the Pi boot process and building
stuff for it (distcc ftw ;-) and maybe even tell you about the Secret
Project I've got in mind.

It might be good for us to get our meeting programmes publicised well
in advance of the meetings -- numbers seem to be up when people know
in advance what'll be happening -- so I'm happy to hold over any or
all of these things to the July meeting.

-D.