[Bradford] Viewing Files on Linux from an Android phone

Alice Kaerast alice at kaerast.info
Wed Nov 14 12:06:03 UTC 2012

On 14 November 2012 00:53, Brian <bradlug at techchico.org.uk> wrote:
> This may prove useful for some people. I found that I couldn't access files,
> on my Samsung Galaxy S3 Android Phone (JellyBean), from my desktop computer

Whenever I plug my Wildfire S into a computer I get asked what I want
to use it as (on the phone).  If I choose disk drive then it works
flawlessly on both Windows and Linux.  Has something changed in recent
versions of Android, or is this Galaxy-specific?  Or are you choosing
something other than disk drive when plugging in?

This would really annoy me since I frequently use my phone as a way of
transferring files between computers, sneakernet-style.

Regards
Alice