[Bradford] Upcoming Tech Events

Alice Kaerast alice at kaerast.info
Sat Sep 8 06:52:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tuesday 11th September, Agile Yorkshire have a talk from Microsoft
MVP and Node.js/Python hacker Gary Short entitled How To Eat An
Elephant.  The talk will be on how to architect a codebase-wide
refactoring project and will cover topics such as functional
decomposition, code criticality, the correctness continuum, sub-tree
refactoring index and prioritisation. Pizza may be provided, subject
to sponsorship.

Details at http://www.agileyorkshire.org/event-announcements/11thseptgaryshortyourchoice

On Wednesday 12th September, Leeds JS are talking and playing with
Knockout.js - a slick data-binding library that pairs ViewModels with
HTML templates for rapid development of responsive pages.  It's a
great framework that I've used myself on a couple of personal
projects, and is well worth getting to know if you're doing that kind
of work.

Details at http://leedjs.posterous.com/september-12th-meetup-knockoutjs

Both events are at Old Broadcasting House, NTI Leeds, and it'd be good
to see some of you come along (I'll be aiming for the 17:32 train from Keighley)

Slightly further ahead, DDD North, a roaming free developer
conference, takes place in Bradford on October 13th.  It is sponsored
by Microsoft and is very much for Windows developers, but some of the
sessions may still be of interest to some of the open source
developers amongst us.

Take a look at the schedule at
<http://developerdeveloperdeveloper.com/north2/Schedule.aspx> and if
you're interested in the topics then feel free to register.

I'm in London on the day of this event, otherwise I'd be visiting with
some of the developers I work with.

--
Mx Alice Kaerast
Devops supergirl, agile coach, corporate sysadmin, optimisationeer