[Bradford] Fwd: [GMG-Devel] We're in Google Summer of Code and the GNOME Outreach Program for Women! It's official!

Robert Burrell Donkin robertburrelldonkin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 18:46:41 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Dick Thomas <xpd259 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any students on the mailing list looking for something to do this summer?
> mediagoblin has the chance to be an awesome piece of software

Python is definitely worth learning and is definitely a commercial
language these days :-)

And mediagoblin is certainly a cool project

There are also plenty of alternatives for any students who don't feel
sufficiently pythonic:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2013/apache

If there are students out there with questions (either general ones or
about the projects I'll be mentoring over at Apache) I'd be happy to
answer them at the next meeting  (or we could meet up sometime and
I'll buy you a tea in town, whatever).

If there are any students who are more interested in informatics,
business analysis or technology law, I have one project which is
technical but does not require strong coding skills.

Robert