[Bradford] Fwd: [GMG-Devel] We're in Google Summer of Code and the GNOME Outreach Program for Women! It's official!

Paul Colley pchcolley at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 20:46:13 UTC 2013

Hi Dick (all)

Initially when I saw this and the reference to students I hoped it might be applicable to my son who is only 17 and doing his A levels at the moment - but it looks crazy advanced (even tho he's a smart cookie). He's wanting to go to Lancaster Uni to do an MSc in ICT for Creative Industries (aiming high!) and hoping to maybe do something over the summer holidays this year - but this seems like a bridge too far with very little coding experience under his belt. Do you have any ideas of anything that might be applicable for someone a little earlier in his development - maybe some kind of work placement that might give him experience in the field that would put him in a more advantageous position when going for Uni interviews?

Really appreciate any ideas from anyone out there. I know I'm his biased dad but he's a level-headed, motivated, fast learning young man and I'd like to find him something that would be cool and developmental.

Thanks for giving this your consideration.

Paul Colley