[Bradford] Introductions

Andrew coulson.andy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 20:02:39 UTC 2013

Jumping on the Introductions boat, I'm Andy Coulson.  I'm a freelance writer, copy-editor, proofreader and photographer.  I have previously worked as a primary teacher and, for several years before that, as a an engineering project manager principally in the engineering field. My writing and editing work covers my fairly diverse range of interests.  To give you a flavour I am currently writing about Ted Hughes and Mytholmroyd; the Theory of Relativity; 4G Mobile phones; reviewing training courses and helping edit legal material and XML markup.  I turned my back on Windows about 8 years ago when I was spending more time fixing my PC than using it.  Since then I have been working mostly on Ubuntu, although recently I've been using Mint and experimenting with both the Mate and Cinnamon desktops.  It's a long time since I've done any serious programming - I think the last thing I did was assembler on various micro-controllers back in the 80's.  I do a bit of web work - HTML and CSS, and am trying to get to grips with the WordPress.  I use OSS because I can experiment and tinker to get the right workflow, and If something doesn't work I've not lost anything and because i think the community ethos is such a good model for running things. Andrew Coulson email: coulson.andy at gmail.com | tel: 07834 269850 Ryburn TextWorks - Proofreading, Copy-editing, Writing Ryburn ImageWorks - Landscape and Nature Photography Sent from my IQTELL Virtual Workspace