[Bradford] Upcoming events

Alice Kaerast alice at kaerast.info
Thu Feb 14 19:55:30 UTC 2013

Arriving by bicycle: Dalton Mills are on the Aire Valley Greenway,
after the short off-road section by the river you join an access road
which meets Dalton Lane. Turn right and Dalton Mills are just there on
the left before you reach the cafe on the right or the Ford dealership
and college on the left.

Arriving by train: Turn right out of the main station entrance, take
the first right onto Dalton Lane heading away from Asda, and Dalton
Mills are on the right after the cafe on the left.

Arriving by bus:  Try and get off the bus at the train station or Asda
rather than the bus station and follow directions for arriving by
train.  Otherwise ask for directions to the train station if you can
speak the Keighley dialect.

Maybe I should cover boat given the weather :) - the mills aren't far
from the river Worth which feeds into the Aire.

There is a circular walk passing by the mill featuring a number of
geocaches if you want something to do afterwards.  Alternatively there
should be steam trains running from Keighley up to Haworth.

Regards
Alice

On 14 February 2013 09:00, David Carpenter <david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Just a reminder that this Saturday (16th Feb) the good people at
> FABLAB are expecting us at 10:30
>
> This from David Bolton (Ta!)
> If you search for "fablab airedale" at http://openstreetmap.org then
> you will get the exact location.
>
> There is car parking in the cobbled courtyard, with some more spaces
> in front of the mill.
>
> Also, Fablab can easily be reached by train, as it is oly a 5 minute
> walk from Kieghley station.
>
> It is a great place (clean, spacious, warm) - with friendly staff.
> The CNC machines are relatively small and low power, apart for the
> v.large CNC router.  However the 3D printers work well.
>
> ALSO
> Next official BradLUG meeting is next Monday (18th Feb) 7pm at the
> usual place (Bradford CVS - details on our website I think)
> I'm hoping John McLear will be telling us about Etherpad, Alice has
> some stuff about rapid web development (I think), Dave S, may have
> some command line stuff, an update on Radio show, and perhaps some
> free city wifi info!
>
> Busy!
> See you there.
> If anyone needs help getting to and from FabLab, let us know, I
> suspect a few people will be driving or all getting on the same train
> etc.

Mx Alice Kaerast
Devops supergirl, agile coach, corporate sysadmin, optimisationeer