[Bradford] Android BradLUG app.

Brian bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Mon Feb 25 11:38:06 UTC 2013

________________________________
 From: Steve Wilson <bradford-lug at swsystem.co.uk>
To: BradfordLinuxUserGroup <bradford at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Monday, 25 February 2013, 1:47
Subject: Re: [Bradford] Android BradLUG app.

On 24/02/2013 22:55, Brian wrote:
> I have produced a very simple Android apk.
> All it does is facilitate reading the RSS feed articles from
> http://www.bradlug.co.uk/feed
>
> The permissions are maxed out - that's nothing to do with me it is just
> the facility I used to produce it. I cannot take any significant credit
> for this as I didn't write a line of code. I just used
> http://www.appmakr.com.
>
> If you want to try it out it can be downloaded from here:
> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-DYdIgfd-V5MHJwdDhuNHRFYlE/edit?usp=sharing

 Once downloaded, copy it to somewhere on your phone. In
> Settings>Security check 'Unknown Sources' to allow the apk to be
> side-loaded. Then use a file browser on your phone to find the apk,
> select it and it should install.
>
> I can port this to iOS as well if anyone wants that.
>
> I'd be interested to know if anyone tries it :-)
>
> Brian

I've not looked at appmakr but I saw it reviewed on click this weekend,
can you get the actual code used so the permissions can be tidied up?
I've a marketplace account if you'd like me to make it available in the
app store.

--

Steve
_________

I can't see a way of obtaining the code. That, I suppose, is part of their freemium business model.
Elements available for inclusion in the building of the app are:-
RSS
Photo Album
Post a message tab

HTML/PHONEGAP Zip Filehtml/phonegap Zip file

I don't think that posting the app on 'Play' is worth it,  atm, but if it was expanded to do other stuff then it would be worth it. I haven't used phonegap so maybe that is something I should be learning. It certainly looks interesting. I do have an idea that I think would be useful for the group but I've a learning curve to surmount  before I can bring it to fruition - that's coupled with spending time on my Spanish language.
Brian

HTML/PHONEGAP Zip File
HTML/PHONEGAP Zip File