[Bradford] Android BradLUG app.

Philip Wyett philip.wyett at cohere-tech.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 23:03:19 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-02-24 at 22:55 +0000, Brian wrote:
> I have produced a very simple Android apk.
> All it does is facilitate reading the RSS feed articles from
> http://www.bradlug.co.uk/feed
>

> The permissions are maxed out - that's nothing to do with me it is
> just the facility I used to produce it. I cannot take any significant
> credit for this as I didn't write a line of code. I just used
> http://www.appmakr.com.
>

> If you want to try it out it can be downloaded from here:
> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-DYdIgfd-V5MHJwdDhuNHRFYlE/edit?usp=sharing
>

> Once downloaded, copy it to somewhere on your phone. In
> Settings>Security check 'Unknown Sources' to allow the apk to be
> side-loaded. Then use a file browser on your phone to find the apk,
> select it and it should install.
>

> I can port this to iOS as well if anyone wants that.
>

> I'd be interested to know if anyone tries it :-)
>

> Brian

Hi Brian,

Got it running now in the android emulator[1]. It does exactly as you
stated and I do enjoy the claret background for the title banner. Nice
to use a city colour. ;-)

Do you intend to do further android work and maybe extend the app?

[1] To run in emulator, the device needs a device target of the 'Google
APIs'. If not you will get a failure to install due to a missing shared
library.

Regards

Phil