[Bradford] Hardware Free To A Good Home...

Robert Burrell Donkin robertburrelldonkin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 08:48:06 UTC 2015

(for any reasonable - or even merely arguable - value of Good)

I have quite a hoard of hardware bits and pieces including several
almost-computers, varying in age. Some almost-computers may just need
some TLC, others may be most useful as parts. After a recent rebuild,
I think it's time for a spring clean.

<backstory>
(Most have been used - or were being saved to be used - in some
project or other I had in mind at one time or another. I'm ready to
admit that though I've been able to return to work, my physical
capacity for hardware projects and time I have spare after looking
after my health is too low to achieve almost all of them. For the
moment, I'll keep most of my most special vintages goodies.)
</backstory>

So, I'd be very happy to see anything potentially useful used, by
people or organisations (wondered about bradford community
broadcasting - perhaps even as competition prizes or something).

Not sure the best way to approach this - feel free to shout out if
this list isn't a good forum (but I almost entirely run Linux and
thought these would be most use to local tinkerers) - so opinions,
please.

Let's start with a couple of examples:

1. industrial quantities (over 100m by my best guess) of cat5
(ethernet) cabling (mixture cut and stock, solid and standard core,
hand craft and commercial lengths cut) plus trunking and wall sockets.
With crimper and associated heads.

2. 2xTP-LINK 2014 wifi USB. Linux drivers workable but a little
unreliable with 3.18 kernels - great for anyone who fancies hacking a
better driver ;-) Alternatively perhaps good prizes for BCB.

Robert