[Bradford] Hardware Free To A Good Home...

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 22 09:29:02 UTC 2015

> So, I'd be very happy to see anything potentially useful used, by
> people or organisations (wondered about bradford community
> broadcasting - perhaps even as competition prizes or something).

I wonder if I can get shut of the congealed bag of cement in me
kitchen the same way?

> Not sure the best way to approach this - feel free to shout out if
> this list isn't a good forum (but I almost entirely run Linux and
> thought these would be most use to local tinkerers) - so opinions,
> please.

<musing class="idle">
we could do with a nice Hackspace
</musing>

> 1. industrial quantities (over 100m by my best guess) of cat5
> (ethernet) cabling (mixture cut and stock, solid and standard core,
> hand craft and commercial lengths cut) plus trunking and wall sockets.
> With crimper and associated heads.

BCB is very short of cat5, so resoundingly: Yes Please
(... I've been deploying Blu Tack into the ones with broken clickers ...)
But I doubt they can absorb 100m of it and trunking and sockets!
so let's hear from anybody else that's interested.

This is a humiliating thing to admit, but I've never learnt to crimp,
so if anyone is willing to do a demo at a Bradlug meeting?

By the way, here is an offtopic reminder -- everybody on this list has
a standing invitation (== please please please) to come on the radio
show, or record reports from events they attend, or be interviewed
about anything interesting, or give us tipoffs about news stories and
upcoming events, or have a go at production, or just visit.  Lulziness
is encouraged, but not essential.

Thanks and tarra
-D.