[Bradford] U.K. Court, in David Miranda Case, Rules Terrorism Act Violates Fundamental Rights of Free Press

John Robert Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Wed Jan 20 15:16:41 UTC 2016

Hi Brian

Not strictly true; David Cameron wants to replace our Human Rights Act with a
UK Bill of Rights. However, (1) he can only leave the Human Rights Convention
if he leaves the European Union (2) if he does, he will find that many
countries will stop extraditions as they will be unwilling to send people for
trial to a country that does not respect human rights.

So, if it ever happens, the Bill of Rights will have to include some
continuation of the ECHR. (Note: this manifesto commitment has already been
watered down and looks like being further watered down; many suspect it went
in manifesto because he never expected to win and to have to act on it.)