[Cumbria] Re: Cumbria digest, Vol 1 #5 - 5 msgs

Ian Linwood cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Dec 17 20:32:03 2002

crmlou> Unfortunately there's no point having a meeting if there are no members up
crmlou> here. Currently there's you and myself in the Wigton area, Steve Turner,
crmlou> Roger Cope and Mat Brunt around Whitehaven, Ken Hough is in Kendal and Mike
crmlou> and the two Dave's are in the far south of the county.

Hey, I'd be happy to travel to either Wigton or Whitehaven

crmlou> (Oh, and Ian Linwood
crmlou> is in Annan, but that doesn't count :P ).

Barsteward!
I'm NOT FROM ANNAN (i don't have furry feet and an IQ in single
figures, as is the norm for the Annan area) . Further North if you please, a
true Scot!!

crmlou> I doubt that there are only the
crmlou> current members = who have an interest in Linux in Cumbria, so we need to
crmlou> figure out how to find them, or help them find us. Hopefully updating with
crmlou> website will make the LUG more 'available', but there must be some other
crmlou> ways of 'spreading the word...'

Sent a Poster to the Border TV "On the Wall" item (which advertised,
for free, local events in the area). There must be other
opportunities like this in other areas.

crmlou> That aside, I'm all in favour on some other meeting locations - many thanks
crmlou> to Mike for the continued use of the Watermill, but it's one helluva
crmlou> drive! :)

>From what I hear (and see from the web site) this looks like a
terrific venue. It's unfortunate that it's so damn far away for the
likes of me (but the journey might be fun in the Mini Cooper!).
Now if we got get *special rates* for B&B....  :-)