[Cumbria] Real World Linux Security, 2nd Edition

Trevor Pearson cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Dec 22 10:50:01 2002

Ian Linwood  writes
>Hello Schwuk,
>
>Thursday, December 19, 2002, 12:37:39 PM, you wrote:
>
>S> Found this book review on Slashdot ( http://slashdot.org ) - looks good,
>S> I'll probably get it...
>
>S> http://books.slashdot.org/books/02/12/17/0234224.shtml?tid=172
>S> --
>
>Also check out 'Linux Maximum Security' by Anon.
>Sams press ISBN 0-672-31670-6
>
>Basically - how to be a sneaky git, and not get caught out by the same
>tricks.  ;-)

I have 'Linux Security Toolkit' another good security book (With CD
rom), but as I can vouch the weakest link still is the chair/keyboard
interface. I also have the CERN 'Unix Security checklist' and a few
documents from SUN on the subject. Those interested should read the LDP
Linux Network administrators guide too.

There is much to be said about Firewalls, however there are many attacks
and threats that a firewall is totally useless to prevent, Security is
one of my interests BTW

You do take regular backups ? Don't you ?
--
Trevor Pearson
Known Lurker