Re[2]: [Cumbria] Real World Linux Security, 2nd Edition

Ian Linwood cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Dec 23 11:43:00 2002

Hello Trevor,

Sunday, December 22, 2002, 10:49:03 AM, you wrote:

TP> There is much to be said about Firewalls, however there are many attacks
TP> and threats that a firewall is totally useless to prevent, Security is
TP> one of my interests BTW

Many? Like?
Being a Checkpoint Engineer, I would disagree with the above
statement. Ok, DDOS is extremely difficult to overcome, but such
attacks will be blocked at a properly configured and supported firewall.
Checkpoint, Cisco, et al, would not have made so much money if their
products didn't work.

TP> You do take regular backups ? Don't you ?

Yep - trying to teach granny to suck eggs are we?   ;-)

--
Best regards,
 Ian                            mailto:ian@darksideofthemoon.org.uk