[Cumbria] Christmas: a time of upheaval...

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Dec 29 21:25:01 2002

Ken Hough wrote:
> SOUNDS  A BIT LIKE ANOTHER WELL KNOWN AMERICAN COMPANY!  ---- and you
> support this?

It's not really the same - I (pretty much) trust Red Hat to tell me what
is applicable for my machine without nosing around where it shouldn't
like MS (probably) does with Windows Update. I do support Red Hat, and
the Red Hat Network, it's just I like to have my boxes up-to-date...

> What about SuSE????? Go on  --- give it a try! I could bring a set of
> v8.0 Professional disks to the next meet.

Thanks, but I'm still not keen on this "buy before you try" thing that
SuSE has, and I'm not sure I want to support that...
--
Schwuk