[Cumbria] Christmas: a time of upheaval...

Chris Plant cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Dec 29 22:52:00 2002

On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 21:25, Schwuk wrote:

> It's not really the same - I (pretty much) trust Red Hat to tell me what
> is applicable for my machine without nosing around where it shouldn't
> like MS (probably) does with Windows Update. I do support Red Hat, and
> the Red Hat Network, it's just I like to have my boxes up-to-date...

I've tried to up2date, and my only problem is its a bit slow, and I keep
forgetting my password.

> Thanks, but I'm still not keen on this "buy before you try" thing that
> SuSE has, and I'm not sure I want to support that...

Heh, you can't download SuSe ?  I had a go at dave for that, he spent 70
quid on SuSe upgrade!  We could have fixed a computer for that!  Have
you ever seen their packaging naming scheme, its insane! (Unless they
changed it since 7)

Chris