[Cumbria] Mandrake 9.1

Adam Pigg cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Apr 12 16:16:01 2003

Hello again

Been using mdk9.1 for a few weeks now and think its great. (but i just dont
'get' gnome :o)

I decided to learn html/php and quanta really is a great app (took a while
to suss it out but now i get it)

setting up apache2/php/postgresql was a breeze (dont believe in mysql -
sure to start a flame :o)

qtvision should be included instead, yeah i know its not finished, but the
cvs version is really good, and i hate xawtv

kopete craches occasionally on exit if its trying to connect to msn (yes, i
do have an msn account and use windows messenger) but it always did and i
guess its not mandrakes fault.

overall i think 9.1 is the best distro ive ever used, it even detected by
usb pocket drive automatically and it was added to the 'devices' list in
konqueror (which is a great feature, makes accessing cd/floppy/other drives
a breeze)

anyway, thats my 2 euros worth

PiggZ
oh. scanner still doesnt work though :o(