[Cumbria] Daft Question

Mat Brunt cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Apr 14 23:28:01 2003

Evening all,

As this groups token novice I felt you'd been deprived of being asked a
daft question for a while so thought I would take it upon myself in your
best interests....so here goes:-

I've noticed when I go into X-Windows there are icons on my desktop for
the local vfat drives, but not for the smb shares in my /etc/fstab. I
think I'm using gnome (Dave, help?!?) as my GUI.

How and why? How do I get the SMB shares to place icons on the desktop?

So that was it, marvel at the audacity and I await your responses (<mat
hunkers down behind something solid wearing a kevlar helmet>).

And before those of you who know me ask....no I haven't been drinking, and
no I couldn't do with one. This is the result of spending all weekend
playing Neverwinter Nights.

Muchos gracias

Mat

P.s. You'll be horrified to learn this was sent from Windoze, for some
inexplicable reason every time I try to send mail from Mozilla now it puts
my CPU usage to 95% and the memory allocated to Mozilla just increases
constantly until there's none left and everything hangs! :'(
I've never known a mail application use 600+ Mb of RAM before :p