[Cumbria] Red Hat Linux 9

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Apr 15 22:50:01 2003

Well, Red Hat Linux 9 CD's turned up on Saturday (thanks Mat), and of
course I had to install it straight away (thanks Mat). So, off came
Mandrake 9.0 (which I had got running _really_ sweet) and on went RHL9...

Nothing majorly different so far. It's more like a polished version of
8.0. Strangly enough, for a short while after installing, I did suffer
from Mandrake withdrawal symptoms!

I'll follow up with another post when I've got more to say. As for
choosing between the two, I think Mandrake is the better consumer
desktop, and Red Hat the better corporate one. As for which one I will
stick with - probably Red Hat purely for professional reasons. If I
didn't have to work with Red Hat, I would happily switch to Mandrake
wholeheartedly.

Cheers,
--
Schwuk