[cumbria_lug] fat32 file system

Michael Saunders cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Aug 17 23:13:01 2003

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 guy.murray@boltblue.com wrote:

> The good news is that it enabled me to write to the fat32 system as
> a user.

Huzzah!

> The bad news is that all the existing files are no longer visible,
> whether created by Windows or Linux! Also the file I copied as a

Bazzah. Re the first statement, do you mean files created in Windows
aren't actually visible in the same Windows session? If so, that's
ultra bizarre.

What kernel / distro are you using? If you've got "fat32" in your
fstab, try changing it to "vfat". I'm not au fait with the workings of
Windows filesystems, but that's what I use for my Win98 partition
without problems (2.4.21 on RH 7.3, might soon be RHEL WS 3.0)

Michael Saunders
www.aster.fsnet.co.uk