[cumbria_lug] [Fwd: posting to Linux mail list]

Michael Saunders mike at aster.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 15:39:30 GMT 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Schwuk wrote:

> I've recently received this - what do you think? Should we let him
> post to the list?

When a company is calling a community-run project a "cancer", such a
hideously distasteful remark, engaging in severe anti-competitive
practices and trying to destroy the good-will work and jobs of
thousands of programmers around the work, do you even want to talk to
someone from such a company?

Yes, this man doesn't necessarily reflect the damaging efforts from
Microsoft execs, but he had a choice -- he could've used his
programming or managing talent to help make the world a better place.

I'm no mouth-foaming Microsoft hater by any means, but let's not
forget that they're solely out to destroy Linux and the community. If
he wants to learn from Linux and become part of the community, he
should look carefully at his own life first!

It's your call Schwuk, but I certainly don't want anything to do with
employees from a company's behaving so badly and causing so much damage.

Mike

--
Michael Saunders
www.aster.fsnet.co.uk