[cumbria_lug] [Fwd: posting to Linux mail list]

Steve Turner Steve at fadges.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 17:28:10 GMT 2003

> > I've recently received this - what do you think? Should we let him
> > post to the list?
>
>When a company is calling a community-run project a "cancer", such a
>hideously distasteful remark, engaging in severe anti-competitive
>practices and trying to destroy the good-will work and jobs of
>thousands of programmers around the work, do you even want to talk to
>someone from such a company?
>
>Yes, this man doesn't necessarily reflect the damaging efforts from
>Microsoft execs, but he had a choice -- he could've used his
>programming or managing talent to help make the world a better place.
>
>I'm no mouth-foaming Microsoft hater by any means, but let's not
>forget that they're solely out to destroy Linux and the community. If
>he wants to learn from Linux and become part of the community, he
>should look carefully at his own life first!
>
>It's your call Schwuk, but I certainly don't want anything to do with
>employees from a company's behaving so badly and causing so much damage.
>
>Mike
>
>--
>Michael Saunders
>www.aster.fsnet.co.uk

Well said... and I quite agree...

But playing Devils advocate for a moment...  It would be an opportunity to
complain about them and their practices of creating non-standard
proprietary  protocols/etc in place of  international standards, etc, just
so they can get their grubby little hands on as much of the world as possible.

If your given the opportunity to complain, and you don't take it, how could
we be expected to destroy the Beast without resorting to a ravening mob
wielding pitchforks and burning torches (although I do like the sound of that)

Mind you, I could just be a cynical optimist!