[cumbria_lug] Use for an old 486 laptop?

Trevor Pearson trevor at haven.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 22:43:44 GMT 2003

, Michael Saunders  writes
>Lo all,
>
>Need to pick your collective brains on this matter! Here I have a
>bulky old 486 laptop (25 MHz, 8M RAM, 300M HD) doing nothing of
>interest, but, being a geek and hateful of waste, I'm trying to find a
>worthwhile use for it. Any ideas?
<SNIP>
>So, is there anything cool this old laptop can do? However weird?
>
>Cheers,
>Mike

Lo,
Mike it depends on how weird you wanna get, Print server is predictable,
FTP ?
  Telnet ?
Talker ?
  MUD ?
You could do any of the above for example or perhaps you need to be
really weird, now there I can help, If it is possesed of sound put it in
your
living room and use it as a 'player' download 'ogg' or 'mp3' from
elsewhere and play.

--
Trevor Pearson <trevor at haven.demon.co.uk>
http://www.haven.demon.co.uk