[Cumbria] Red Hat shoots itself in foot?

Ken Hough cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 1 14:55:01 2003

Michael Saunders wrote:

>On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Ken Hough wrote:

<snipped>

>It's certainly harder to approach initially than the other mainstream
>distros, but has improved in recent years. A graphical installer is in
>the works too. You'll be alright with it, long as you check out the
>docs first and know your hardware well. And of course, you'll get very
>quick support from this list if you choose to try it!
>
>Mike

I was hoping to set up my (now failed) K5 box with a plug-in HD rack so
I could try out various things.
I'll have to find another box now, and some time to set  it up. Trouble
is, the trout fishing season
fast is approaching.

I'm not a Linux zeolot, just keen to use a good operating system. I want
an easily installed
system that works well and reliably so that I can get on with the things
that I enjoy. If I find one or
other distro better (easier?) than the one I know, then I might go with it.

I do enjoy a little exploration as well -- it's fun to learn.

Ken