[Cumbria] Red Hat shoots itself in foot?

Michael Saunders cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Feb 2 18:02:01 2003

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Ken Hough wrote:

> Still making excuses for bad behavior! You disappoint me!

Sorry Ken, but actually you disappoint me. This whole thing is
worryingly like an argument between teenage girls: "Well I'm not going
to her party cos that other girl called me a bitch and then she said
this, so I said this and then..."

What's the logical conclusion of all this? Would you stop buying from
Amazon.com if there was a review you didn't like? Would you stop
reading your favourite newspapers or magazines if there was an article
you disagreed with? As said, you could easily just filter out Chris'
posts, rather than being a prima donna and threatening to leave a
potential source of friends and help over ONE PERSON.

And as also said, Chris may have been very blunt but he stayed on
topic. Did he threaten to beat you up? Did he flood your Inbox with
ASCII Goatses? Did he make references about you giving anilingus to
your dog? NO. I've seen those kinda flames before, esp. as a moderator
of forums. You'll find people you disagree with everywhere, and
chucking the whole thing away over one person is sad.

For your information, I never said I supported the way Chris made his
statements. But guess what? He's called me a retard too before, as I
have him, and it DOESN'T MATTER. It's just talk on a mailing
list.

Not much point in me writing any more, as you clearly want to leave; I
just think it's sad that you can't laugh it off or ignore him, but are
taking the most drastic option. As I said, Chris is a little bunny
rabbit compared to some of the people out there -- go search for
Vladinator, The WIPO Troll etc.

Mike

--
Michael Saunders