[Cumbria] Linux in the workplace

cumbria@mailman.lug.org.uk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 4 09:31:01 2003

Hi
      Done a presentation yesterday on my backup system for vaxes which
uses a linux server.  It went really well and all these control systems
managers were very enthuiastic, yay :o)   Anyway, my prototype uses madrake
9, and i was wondering, whith the current situation at mandrake if this was
the best choice, even though it is my favourite distro, it might not be
best for bnfl to use it.  What would anyone recomend for a server sunning
in a corporate environment?  Probably redhat, but something is telling me
to try debian, i dunno, suggestions welcome, linux here we come!!

Adam

The information contained in this email may be commercially sensitive and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not a named recipient, you are on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. You must not disclose it to any other person, copy or distribute it or use it for any purpose.