[Cumbria] RE: Cumbria digest, Vol 1 #77 - 6 msgs

Ian Linwood cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Feb 7 18:24:01 2003

Hello Roger,

> With my completely independent hat on (not), I would have to say RedHat. It
> is increasingly clear that with the exception of IBM sponsored ventures,
> RedHat is where the clever money is going and BNFL always prefers to follow
> anyone clever.

ROFL

The aforementioned organisation is like a stupid bull with a ring
through its nose. It will go in the direction of the hardest tug, even
if it is straight to the slaughterhouse.

> Secondly, Mandrake is a RedHat based distribution and I certainly see no
> point in jumping to Debian (of all things)...

Good point. But, as I've burbled in a previous post, the distro is
really irrelevant. I still see installations using early versions of
the 2.0 kernel, but because the system has been properly managed there
is no need to change. It sits quietly doing its job. Sometimes, even
if it is broke, theres no need to fix (Schwuk - there goes your
paranoia theory!)

--
Best regards,
 Ian                            mailto:ian@darksideofthemoon.org.uk