[Cumbria] A manifesto

Roger Cope cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jan 4 00:33:01 2003

>I still have a Spectrum in the 'museum'. I quickly moved on to a 'BBC'=20
>(a great machine to learn about microprocessors and I/O) and still have =

>one of these  ---  also an old IBM PC/XT. The latter is built like a=20
>battleship and probably capable of sinking one! I'ts even fitted with a =

>maths co-pro! WOW!

My Spectrum was an original 16K version with RAM Pack enhancement. I =
added a
'proper' keyboard by the end using the time honoured method of ritual
disembowlment... The machine worked for several more years but I no =
longer
have it. V. Sad... Several games were ligh years ahead of their time (I
remember StarStrike 2 for instance, very fondly).

>BTW, What is the attachment? I don't recognise it.

I suspect it is a VCF file... This is an Internet standard for 'business
cards'. Outlook supports it, though it's not MS based and my signature =
adds
it into the mail.

Roger