[Cumbria] Next meeting...

Chris Plant cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jan 4 14:10:00 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 14:04, Schwuk wrote:
> I've updated our website ( http://www.cumbria.lug.org.uk ) with details
> of the next meeting at Gleaston. No topic has been set as yet, so post
> your suggestions...
I think we should run a session on using the command line for people who
think "list" is spelt list in bash :)

> Also, if anyone wants to set-up another meeting (at another location),
> just post it to list. I know we are missing a few people out with the
> meetings in Gleaston, so it might be nice to have one a bit more
> central. We don't even need a proper location - the mill is great for a
> structured meeting, but if a few of us just want to get together and
> gossip about linux in general, any pub should suffice... (I'm now going
> to wait for Ian to suggest a meeting in various pubs (sequentially of
> course) in Penrith...)
Me and Mike regularly do that kind of thing, usually we talk about linux
whenever we meet up :)
Maybe its worth having two regular meetings, since calling our LUG
Cumbria LUG is a bit silly considering how hard it is to get from one
end of cumbria to the other, maybe its worth having two informal groups,
South Cumbria and North Cumbria ?