[Cumbria] re the RH SuSe "discussion"

David Latimer cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jan 5 22:51:00 2003

As someone yet to try Linux seriously, I don't have any prejudice for
either.  Since both distros appear to be successful, can I suggest that
far from engaging in intemperate exchanges about which is superior, you
focus back to the question Ken asked some weeks ago, namely how to sell
Linux to others.
This geeky chat is fine if that is what you want but as a novice and an
unashamed one, much of what has been said is beyond me.  As I told Dave
M at the last meeting, I want an operating system that I can understand
for my desktop machine that is an acceptable replacement for MS.  I want
a normal life without MS not a geek experience with other anoraks.
Dave's comments were helpful and I intend to learn more.  It seems
to me though that unless the Linux distro bickering stops, it won't just
be Spectrums and ZX81's you will be nostalgic for in a few years time.
Dave
best wishes
David Latimer <dave@davlat.freeserve.co.uk>