[Cumbria] Next meeting...

Mat Brunt cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 00:00:00 2003

After sitting idly by and trying to keep up with the volume of e-mail in my
inbox I thought it time to dip my toe in the water...

An additional location would be good, I've yet to make it to one of the
meetings as someone always seems to choose them for when I'm on call and
can't escape any great distance :)

Not to mention the fact that I have no idea where Gleaston is, and with my
sense of direction anything further than 300 yards from my front door
requires a GPS system! :p

For those who don't know me (most I think) I'm a complete beginner (your
gran probably knows more than me) to the linux side of things.
Just put Redhat 8.0 on my box, and am still trying to work out how the hell
you get it to do what you want, and why my sound card doesn't seem to
play...

And just to recall one of the earliest conversation's I read about where to
advertise the LUG - what about flyers at the tills in mainline bookshops.
Most of the techies I know always seem to end up there in search for
something new to read.