[Cumbria] Re: All that flamefestery

Michael Saunders cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 21:46:00 2003

On 6 Jan 2003, Chris Plant wrote:

> I looked, appears to be directory based, no docs, as usual.  My major
> complaint with gnome 2.0, is that is just isn't ready for the end-user!
> Its a developer preview release if you read their release notes in the
> anal manner they want you to.  (I don't agree with this, I think 2.0
> infers it is a stable release for end users :) )

Well...... they wanted to get something out of the door to wider testing,
and that's understandable. I think they're leaving it up to the distro
vendors to make a more functional desktop with it. Also, consider that
Mozilla isn't meant to be an "end user" product, according to the Moz
team!

--
Michael Saunders
www.aster.fsnet.co.uk