[Cumbria] My Word!!!

Mat Brunt cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 7 00:05:01 2003

Well,

Never before have I had the e-mail server tell me my mail box is too full to
receive new messages and had to sit down for 1/2 an hour just to read them
all! :)

Almost starting to feel part of something now....just got to find a decent
e-mail provider, rather than this crappy hotmail account.
Anyone know any good one's that I can use some SMTP software to check rather
than a web front end (figured it would be faster, that's all)?

Looks like the mailing list is certainly starting to work :)

Mike / Ken - thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm sure once I can
discipline myself to sit down for more than 20 mins and have a decent look
at Linux I'll start catching up. At the moment it's just too easy to use
windows as I can boot up, get the job done then knock it off - less hard
work involved! :p

At the moment the only thing stopping me from going down to Gleaston is
work, anyone ever fancies an informal meeting/chat up near Sellafield end
give me a shout, it will be easier to get away from the dreaded place that
does nicely give me money every month. I hope to finally get down to a LUG
soon, and start putting faces to names.

I've taken the pub issue under advisement - debates are fun when sober or at
arms length, with alcohol involved they sometimes just get plain
interesting! (or dangerous, pick your word :p)

Now I'm off to carry on reading all these e-mails, wish me luck!