[Cumbria] comments

Ken Hough cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 7 11:11:26 2003

David,

Do please hang in there. The likes of us (ie actual or potantial desktop
users) can get a lot from a user group. the always will be healthy (even
strong) discussion on some topics. Only by pitching in and giving your
view will anybody know you are there.

I don't believe any of this has been taken personally by recipients of
comments. Some of my comments have perhaps been strong. If that has
caused offence, I appologise. You have to shake the odd tree to get
coconuts to fall.

Like you, did a lot on an old IMB PC/XT -- which I still have. I'm an
unashamed user (practically 100%) of Linux for the desktop. I'm also
intersted in learning more, but that's another aspect.

If we are going to get the professional IT guys to talk about our
intersts, then we must lean on them a bit. After they have got Linux
sorted on servers etc, they may well start to get interested in getting
their users onto Linux.

Hope that you will reconsider. I need some support.

Ken Hough