Re[3]: [Cumbria] Adding fuel to the fire...

Ian Linwood cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 10 00:58:00 2003

> I'll bear that in mind. I've only been using Linux for 4 or 5 years,
> having contributed stacks of documentation, filed an uncountable number of
> bug reports and talked with developers, bought more boxed distros than
> I've had hot dinners, and written roughly 75,000 words for 24 issues of
> Linux Format and related mags in that time. Hey, I've tried to do my bit
> to boost the community :)

Excuse my patronising post.

I'm so used to the whinging, "MS is a nicer DT" and why isn't my
organzmatron soundcard not supported?

>From your post it is obvious that you have *done your bit*. But this is
so rare.

My contrib's are mainly to the GPL community and not strictly to
"Linux" but GPL software in general.

Most of the issues that arise are not with Linux, but with the
associated software (generally GPL).

To be honest. Most LUGs should be renamed to OSUG's Open Source User
Groups... This should encompass all Unix/BSD/Linux users and reflect
the actual content of the group (eg. mail,ftp,http,ldap, or whatever ,
problems)

I use everything (is that too vague, or incriminating?).

--
Best regards,
 Ian                            mailto:ian@darksideofthemoon.org.uk