Re[4]: [Cumbria] My Word!!!

Ian Linwood cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 10 01:55:00 2003

Hello Chris,

> On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 23:43, Ian Linwood wrote:
>>
>> This isn't exactly in the spirit of the LUG.
>>
>> I may be misguided, but I thought the whole point of this Linux User
>> Group was to help ALL people who contributed. I have noted that Ken
>> Hough is a very active member of this list and his wishes should be
>> given more consideration and NOT shouted down.
> I did not shout Ken down, this is a shout down.

I, maybe others, interpreted your post as that, hence my statement
below.

>> There is seems to be an agenda behind your posts, which I am yet to
>> understand. I am not really interested in that, more that people who
>> are keen on Linux are encouraged in their enthusiasm and given a forum
>> to ask for help and develop their skills.
> It is, but its also not for idiots like you to sit down and dictate what
> I can and can't talk about to other similarly minded people who also
> don't care for your attitude.

OK, please explain. What am I dictating? What am I telling you not to
do? Who is similarly minded to you? Why would you want anyone to be
similarly minded to you? Group, please speak out - and explain so that
I can understand this drivel.

Maybe we should meet and discuss my attitude. I WILL look forward to
TALKING to you. Follow this up to ian@darksideofthemoon.org.uk as you
have now made this personal by calling me an idiot. Believe me and I
WILL FOLLOW THIS UP.

>> This group should not just cater for elitist skill sets, it should
>> cater for all skill levels and encourage people to use Linux
>> regardless of their experience.
> We try to, but its difficult when people like you keep telling us we're
> not catering.  What you have to remember is that the LUG has to be fun
> for everyone, not just for the people who want to learn.

So to you, learning is not fun. Poor soul. That is why you don't fit
in.

>> DT environments should be discussed within the group, as should the
>> use of polymorphic inheritance in classes within the Linux kernel.
> I didn't think the linux kernel was implemented in an object orietated
                                                               ^^^^^^^^^
                                                               eh?

> language.  Maybe you need to stop with the smack.

Maybe you need to take some!

Yes I know this isn't implemented. Linus is against it (he's not
always correct in his judgement - as he will acknowledge).

This was partly a test;
1. As an example of the range of skills within the group.
2. To test group knowledge base.
3. To provoke discussion as to why Linux uses only std. C.

I look forward to meeting YOU.
--
Best regards,
 Ian                            mailto:ian@darksideofthemoon.org.uk