[Cumbria] re the RH SuSe "discussion"

Michael Saunders cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 10 12:07:00 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Ken Hough wrote:

> You haven't been missing much. Until the ground froze, it's been very
> soggy and it's due to go that way again. Over last month or so, have had
> 10yd visability on Skafell Pike and lunch in a hail storm on Blencathra.
> It's got to get better ---- I hope!

Must've been pretty grim up there -- I've heard a tale that on the top of
Skafell, in perfect conditions, one can (just) make out the Isle of Man,
Ireland, Scotland (Solway I think) and the coast of Wales with a bit of
moving around. Once managed to catch the tiniest glimpse of the Welsh
mountains from Walney (island off Barrow), although that was an
unnaturally clear day!

Mike

--
Michael Saunders