Re[3]: [Cumbria] Adding fuel to the fire...

Michael Saunders cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 10 12:18:05 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Ian Linwood wrote:

> > Linux Format and related mags in that time. Hey, I've tried to do my
> > bit to boost the community :)
>
> Excuse my patronising post. I'm so used to the whinging, "MS is a nicer
> DT" and why isn't my organzmatron soundcard not supported?

Excuse my slightly over-the-top response too; understandable that you
probably saw me as just some whining Windows user who hasn't used Linux at
all, in that context. Yeah, I get sick of the same things too!

> To be honest. Most LUGs should be renamed to OSUG's Open Source User
> Groups... This should encompass all Unix/BSD/Linux users and reflect the
> actual content of the group (eg. mail,ftp,http,ldap, or whatever ,
> problems)

That's an interesting idea, esp. as many aren't so interesting in Linux as
an OS but use Apache/Sendmail etc. for their jobs. There are probably a
fair few BSD users around as well... I'm just hoping for BSD Format
magazine to appear one day!

Mike

--
Michael Saunders