[Cumbria] Adding fuel to the fire...

Ken Hough cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jan 11 10:28:04 2003

Schwuk wrote:

><snipped>
>

>Funny you should raise that point as I was thinking the exact same thing the
>other day - I am a Linux user, but I am primarily an Open Source Software
>user. If I have the choice I will use OSS over proprietry no matter what the
>platform. My only real exceptions to this are Photoshop (because I do not
>know The GIMP enough yet)

Gimp looks weird after Photoshop, but I'm getting into it and it seems
to work very well.

I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I do my scanning of 35mm slides under
MS Windows/ Photo Shop LE and then after mounting the MS
Windows partition under Linux, use Gimp to do the busines. This is
because there isn't a Linux driver for my SCSI scanner -- an old
Minolta Dimage Scan Dual, bought before I got into Linux.

Ken