[Cumbria] My Word!!!

Chris Plant cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 10 16:45:01 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 11:06, Schwuk wrote:

> Do so then. Actually, I believe the 'shout down' was directed (unjustly) at
> Ian Linwood.
Opinion, but it was directed at Ian.

> Chris's manner is extremely polite compared to some of the flamewars I have
> seen.
I'm simply reacting to the rather personal nature of recent posts.  I do
not wish to scare, intimidate or otherwise damage the LUG.
> No it not the first, and probably won't be the last. I do not wish to be
> patronising towards Chris, but he is young, and (I believe) will learn. He
> does need to be more tolerant, but surely this should be pointed out and
> explained rather than walking away?
I am rather passionate about the small things in life, but my recent
posts are in response to other people's posts directed at me.

> I do not believe in censorship, I believe in education.
Huzzah!

> I do not agree with 'bullying tactics'. If you wish to leave, that is your
> choice. Personally, I would prefer you not to leave the list as I feel you
> have much to offer to and gain from the list (once it settles down).
I will tone down my posts if there is a general concensus that my posts
are worded too strongly, I will respond to personal insults over private
email.

Chris