[Cumbria] My Word!!!

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 10 11:07:02 2003

Ken Hough said:
> Don't worry! I'm not in the habbit of being shouted down and am well
> able to deal in kind if the situation demands it.

Do so then. Actually, I believe the 'shout down' was directed (unjustly) at
Ian Linwood.

> I find that Chis Plant's manner is the most agressive, rude, arrogant
> and plain obnoxious that I've seen on any email list. Has the guy got a
>  problem?

Chris's manner is extremely polite compared to some of the flamewars I have
seen.

> This is not the first outburst that we've been exposed to.  I do not
> wish to be associated with such an attitude.

No it not the first, and probably won't be the last. I do not wish to be
patronising towards Chris, but he is young, and (I believe) will learn. He
does need to be more tolerant, but surely this should be pointed out and
explained rather than walking away?

> I wish he would show some decent manners and maybe a little of that old
>  fashioned attribute --- humility.

I agree, but he is not the only one.

> I request that he be banned from the list. That's nothing to do with
> his  views  --- just how he expresses them and how he treats other
> people.

I do not believe in censorship, I believe in education.

> Unless action is taken, I will assume that the rest of you accept this
> kind of behaviour. In which case, I will request that my name be
> removed  from the list.

I do not agree with 'bullying tactics'. If you wish to leave, that is your
choice. Personally, I would prefer you not to leave the list as I feel you
have much to offer to and gain from the list (once it settles down).
--
Schwuk