[Cumbria] My Word!!!

Ken Hough cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jan 11 10:29:17 2003

WRT possible topics for discussion at meetings

There have been a number of references to running X apps remotely so
clearly there is some interest here. I'm interested. Haven't got around
to trying it yet, so wouldn't be able to offer much on the topic.

Most of what I know, I've learnt by playing around. It would be good to
have some informed direction.

 From what I've read, I suspect that we would need more than 20 minutes
to cover adequately.

There's nothing like getting something actually working. Perhaps we
could most usefully achieve this by doing some initial setting up of a
couple of PCs, before the meeting.  These steps could be discussed in
this list. I could do some of this on one of my boxes.

Someone has already got Netscape (or was it Mozilla) running remotely.
How about going for a lightweight app for demo purposes, the browser
and say one other heavyweight app?

Any comments?

Ken