[Cumbria] My Word!!!

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jan 11 12:25:01 2003

Ken Hough wrote:
>  From what I've read, I suspect that we would need more than 20 minutes
> to cover adequately.

Actually, it should be enough for a brief overview - remote apps 'just
work' if you are using ssh. Remote sessions (i.e. full desktops are a
little trickier).

> There's nothing like getting something actually working. Perhaps we
> could most usefully achieve this by doing some initial setting up of a
> couple of PCs, before the meeting.  These steps could be discussed in
> this list. I could do some of this on one of my boxes.

I think Mike was intending a live demo anyway - I am bring two laptops
(1 dual boot, 1 xp w/cygwin) for that purpose. If you would like to be
shown how to get it running on your boxes, then by all means bring them...

> Someone has already got Netscape (or was it Mozilla) running remotely.
> How about going for a lightweight app for demo purposes, the browser
> and say one other heavyweight app?

It is me, and it is mozilla, although I have run various other apps as
well (including OpenOffice).
--
Schwuk