[Cumbria] CUMBRIA LUG

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jan 12 11:15:01 2003

Ken Hough wrote:
> Am doing a Red Hat re-install NOW. Have you tried SuSE v8 yet?

I thought I'd posted about it?

I can't find my original post, and can't remember my comments, but...

Anyway, tried it. I liked the installer, although failed to see a need
for the reboot.

It couldn't detect my wireless card - essential for me.

I don't like KDE - I tried, but it just makes fonder of Gnome. I'm sure
other people are the exact opposite... :)

The main problem was, I tried on my laptop (not the best test bed
really), but I rely on the WifI in that box at home, so I had to switch
back to RH 8.0. I do want give SuSE another try, but a few too many
things going on at the moment. I might get 8.1 and try that... Also it
appears that Gentoo have answered most of my concerns with their 1.4_rc2
release, so that is next on my list to try - my friends ADSL line is
being abused as I type :)

Cheers,
--
Schwuk