[Cumbria] Ideas for Presentations

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jan 12 20:31:01 2003

Chris Plant wrote:
>>I would be interested in the sockets stuff, but I am a developer, and
>>not representative of the group as a whole...
>
> I thought the point was that the presentations weren't meant to apply to
> everyone?

Re-read my comment, then respond. Oh, and don't you mean 'were' instead
of 'weren't'.

> Why is this, surely monkeyircd being quieter is an advantage, and it
> hardly fits into the LUG's vision of supporting open source software if
> you decide to move to an established IRC network.

No one has stated not supporting monkeyircd. I was simply agreeing that
using a more public network may bring more traffic.

>>To be honest, the only 'gurus' that have stated they want anything
>>different are yourself and Chris.
>
> I simply want another point of contact, to avoid all this crap on
> cumbria@mailman.lug.org.uk.

Still two 'voices' then.

> Ohh, a power struggle!

No, a statement.

> No Comment: except ALL HAM RADIO USERS ARE ANORAKS! (read back before
> flaming me)

Chris: Two wrongs do not make a right.

> The LUG mailing is has 58 messages of crap.  eg "How do I get nautilus
> to work" - You don't need to reinstall, for a start.

You claim you want to help people, but when someone asks you shoot them
down. Why not respond with 'RTFM' and leave it at that...
--
Schwuk