[Cumbria] Ideas for Presentations

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jan 12 21:00:00 2003

Schwuk wrote:
> Very true, but as the channel only has three regular visitors, it's not
> really an issue at the moment. If we can get everyone onto IRC, and it
> used on a regular basis the we should be on a more public network (no
> offense Chris).

I should read my own responses before posting properly...

The IRC channel is for the LUG to use (as donated by Chris). Why does it
matter if people can find it, as everyone who will want to (i.e. the
LUG) will know where it.

Yes, using a more public network *may* bring more people to it, but
given the amount of stuff on the mailing list, do we really want a more
'public' forum?

My comment regarding moving to a more public network if traffic was
sufficient were simply based on scalability. Chris: do you belive
monkeyircd and it's network are capable of handling increased load?

If Chris believe's that monkeyircd is stable enough for us to use on a
regular basis, why do we need to go anywhere else?

Apologies for any misunderstanding brought about by my original response.
--
Schwuk