[Cumbria] Developers Tools

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 21 10:13:01 2003

Ken Hough said:
> As you are using the recent Red Hat v8, the latter shouldn't be a
> problem (in most cases). Most 'tool' packages are present on (full sets
>  of) installation CDs. You might not have them all if you are using
> shortened /download versions of your distro -- I don't know on this
> one.

He is, and they are.

I've figured this one out... He's done an installation (w/o Developer Tools)
and then run up2date. This updates the offending packages. When he
subsequently trys to install the Developer Tools, they must have some hard
dependencies to the versions of the packages on the cd, and the updated ones
- although newer - are breaking these dependencies.

Try removing those packages again, re-installing from the CD/FTP site (with
the instructions I gave you last night), _DON'T_ RUN UP2DATE, install the
Developer Tools, then run up2date.

Let me know how you get on...
--
Schwuk